Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Time?

Where does the time go?  We cannot believe it has been 8 months since we first decided to walk El Camino de Santiago.  We still have approximately 2½ to 3 months before we leave and both of us are starting to get a bit anxious about our supplies - our training - our expectations.  Obviously we will never have our list complete - so we buy in Spain.  Our training has had its bumps in the road but at least we are training - not as aggressively as we thought - but better than none at all.  Expectations - threw those out the window last month.  As everyone says - the Camino will provide - what happens is what happens - and that is good enough.  We are adaptable - we will adjust - we will succeed!  In the meantine we keep on walking - doing longer and longer walks weekly - training for our one day Camino on July 6th.  If that goes as planned - then we will be much more comfortable with the big one.



Like the shell above there are many routes from the edge to the center - we shall find our way - in our own time - in God's time.

Buen Camino
Dale & Arlene 

4 comments:

  1. Dale and Arlene,

    Are you starting in St. Jean? When do you actually start hiking your Camino? I plan to start from St. Jean Sept. 8. I'll be making a side-trip first though to Toulouse to visit St. Thomas Aquinas' bones.

    I used to live in Illinois--Barrington, DeKalb, and Springfield. I live in Kentucky now.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr Mike
      We are starting in Roncevalles. Date is not set yet probably leaving USA around Aug 28th and starting the 30th. Need to be back home by early October. If you walk faster than we do you could catch us :)

      Dale

      Delete
  2. I am planning mine now. Reading all I can. I won't go until sept of 2014 but with all my reading it makes me want to go this year. I would appreciate any tips on training, supplies, and cost after it is over with a break down of how spent. I don't want to go super cheap, I don't plan on cooking much, but I don't want to feel as though I can't go to a museum or stay in a hotel if I want. Also how many miles a day you went and how many days it took. I am planning on continuing to the sea. Bueno camino

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angi
      We are hoping to stick to a realistic budget whatever that ends up to be. We plan on staying in albergues 6 nights a week and a hotel on Saturday evenings for a bath & real bed and Mass on Sunday mornings. We do not plan on cooking at all - will rely on whatever food is available. For training info you can read both my blogs on the Camino - the "real" one and the one day event I designed to create awareness of the Camino in our area and as a training trip for ourselves. If you haven't already, you should join the Camino Forum - lots of good information there http://www.caminodesantiago.me/
      Buen Camino
      Dale

      Delete