Saturday, October 15, 2016

The Good News

In my last post I shared with you the fact that we were forced to delay our return to the Camino due to a hip issue. After numerous visits to many doctors we have finally learned #1 I do not need a hip replacement - yet - and #2 I have an issue with a persistent severe bursitis. What that translates to is this - physical therapy - stretching exercises - slow recovery time. It is disappointing - but God willing - only a delay.  In the meantime we are pursuing less vigorous activities and accepting God's time line - not our own.  

We were recently informed by our sons that we are going to Italy next June with the entire family - traveling with a group of fourteen to visit Venice - Rome and spending five days at a villa on the Adriatic.  For now - that is the extent of our travels.  Unlike many who choose to ignore their doctor's recommendations and end up in a hospital in Spain - we will continue therapy here until back in good health. The Camino has been there for thousands of years - it is not going away- so we will wait.

Buen Camino
Dale & Arlene

No comments:

Post a Comment